Considering Us As Your Builder
Hendel Homes offers expertise in the field of building. We employ a project manager skilled in structural engineering, offer over forty years of construction experience, and maintain the highest level of structural quality on any size project. We know your home is a living structure, made out of many natural resources. It is our responsibility to know our products and construction methods and build with the maximum level of quality control.
The Owner’s Role
The owner selects an architecture firm, a building company and an interior designer that will each focus on a specific area of qualified expertise. Again, basic expectations set out by the owner serve as a reference for choosing these three entities. Hendel works closely with many of the top architecture firms in the Twin Cities, making the relationship very cohesive. During the design phase, the owner provides feedback to the architect on design, space, layout, schedule, and budget projections. Most likely the architect will help the owner make material selections prior to the construction phase. However, if he/she prefers, the owner can make material selections with a designer and/or Hendel’s design expert to help choose the right product for the project.
The Architect’s Role
The architect will provide full scale plans prior to the bid, with most, if not all, selections made and detailed. The architect is consulted throughout the construction phase for advice on selections to ensure that potential changes meet code compliance and the owner’s objectives.
Hendel will consistently communicate with the architect during the drawing of the plans in order to answer any building questions. We believe it is important to be proactive in communication, eliminating extra work and using time efficiently. If the plans are completed, Hendel will bid out the project costs based off the completed plans, meeting the owner’s budget and allowances. Hendel’s approach is to assure reliable costs by using the most experienced and appropriate crews and workers. During construction, Hendel ensures that the work progresses in accordance with the schedule and that design decisions are communicated when necessary to keep ahead of construction so that the owner’s vision is met.
Summarizing the Advantages of our Building Services
- Project cost is met from the architect’s highly-detailed plans and specs.
- The work is done up front to eliminate potential problems.
- Builder input is included during the construction phase.
- There are fewer and smaller change orders because design problems have been eliminated through up-front, highly-detailed blue prints and selections.
- Hendel acts as the single point of responsibility for all construction.
- It is Hendel’s responsibility to make sure there is a collaborative relationship between the architect and designer throughout the constriction phase, working as a team of experts with egos left at the door.